Take the Poll: Should I Narrate My Book for Audible?

A couple of people have already asked me if there will be an audiobook and if I will narrate it myself. Now that book number two is compiled with only editing left to do, I’ll have some spare time in my self imposed publication schedule. So, I’ll ask for more opinions on this. The first essay is a two minute recording. Please vote (not possible on all devices) or post a comment below on whether you would prefer my voice and faint(?) Swedish accent or a professional voice artist…

CHAPTER 1: AN OLD, NEW DIAGNOSIS

UPDATE July 30, 9:20 pm. Votes received:

10 Responses to “Take the Poll: Should I Narrate My Book for Audible?”

1. 1 Jon N July 30, 2020 at 7:36 am

Yes, you should narrate it.

2. 2 GrannyPie July 30, 2020 at 8:22 am

I vote for you to narrate it!

3. 3 sjdmd July 30, 2020 at 8:46 am

I’ve so enjoyed your writing and as a reader more than listener it’s doubtful that I’ll listen to your books; however, when you narrate your text I fantasize that you are also remembering the patient encounter or other experience that provoked your writing. I further fantasize that strengthens the connection through you to something of what we share in our respective experiences of the practice of medicine. That warms my heart. Thank you. /Steve

• 4 sjdmd July 30, 2020 at 8:40 pm

You might consider a physician, professional voice reader. I know an emergency physician, retired 2+ years, who is on his next career which includes jazz dj-ing and professional voice work, some of it is physician CME voice over, but he has done other work. I still believe listeners will benefit from an emotional connection to your content which would best develop if you read, but the argument for a professional voice has merit and an experienced clinician would be second best over a random mellifluous voice.

4. 6 Elizabeth Baker July 30, 2020 at 11:53 am

Yes. Absolutely.

5. 7 Kimberly Nalda July 30, 2020 at 3:58 pm

I have wondered what your voice sounded like. I’m not sure how I got connected with your blog in the first place but I have enjoyed your poignant stories and personal connection with patients. I love hearing your voice and I think that you should most definitely narrate your own stories since you know them the best.

Good luck with your book and best wishes for the next phase of your career.

Kimberly Nalda, MD http://www.rekindlefamilymedicine.com 5590 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington, DE 19808 (O) 302-565-4799 (F) 302-342-8855

6. 8 Cathy Weaver July 30, 2020 at 7:01 pm

Your own voice, definitely!
    Cathy

7. 10 Faudes Lugo July 30, 2020 at 7:25 pm

Your voice is fine, but these trained voice professionals will make the book more magical than it already probably is. I have hd multiple audible books and these readers just make it better. I dont know how to explain but please consider it very carefully. Not criticizing bc I am a fan Iove your posts and your writing.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Osler said “Listen to your patient, he is telling you the diagnosis”. Duvefelt says “Listen to your patient, he is telling you what kind of doctor he needs you to be”.

BOOKS BY HANS DUVEFELT, MD

Top 25 Doctor Blogs Award

Doctor Blogs

RSS Recent posts

Mailbox

contact @ acountrydoctorwrites.com
Bookmark and Share
© A Country Doctor Writes, LLC 2008-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given.

%d bloggers like this: